Love is exciting, and when a relationship is new, almost everything you do together is fresh and alive, and keeps you enthralled. Then time begins to pass, and while the love is still there, the relationship may have lost some of its sparkle, whether it’s because you now have a family or not. Here are some of the top 10 ideas to revive a fizzling relationship that might just put some of the bubble back into the champagne of your life.
1. Do something unexpected. Send your partner flowers at work. That applies to men, too! Or take them out for dinner on a weeknight.
2. What lit your fire to start with? Strike the match again, by duplicating that initial moment you fell in love with your partner, and be sure to tell them why you’ve created this just for them.
3. Communicate. If you find it hard to say things, try surprising your better half with notes in their lunch, on their pillow, in the car, etc. Often the written word opens other doors.
4. Make time just for you. And don’t break the date! Book babysitters ahead or clear your work calendar so there is nobody on it but the other person.
5. Get out of the rut…literally. Take your partner somewhere new, and alone. Even if it’s just a cabin on the lake. Rediscover each other all over.
6. Find something you like about your partner, every day. Then tell them what it is.
7. Find a shared interest. Explore new hobbies, sports, or other interests that you both like, and can participate in together.
8. Accept your partner’s faults. Then admit your own. Make an effort not to keep repeating them out of laziness or habit.
9. Get physical. Touch your partner. In compassion, sympathy, friendship, and sexual attraction. Let them know that you are there.
10. Make promises, and keep them. Slip a note into their wallet or purse that says what is being served for dinner tonight, and promise that dessert will be worth waiting for!
Micheline says, if you’re still in love, there is always hope. Visit More Romance in Your Life [http://www.MoreRomanceInYourLife.com] for 37 more tips to revive your love life.
- The Seven Steps to Plan a Perfect Marriage Proposal. - May 2, 2016
- How Do Men Show Their Love? …If He Never Says The Magic Word - Apr 15, 2016
- Ending Infidelity: 5 Reasons To Breakup With a Married Man - Feb 22, 2016